Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My School-My typical day:)

It's my 2nd year living in Hong Kong and studying in boarding school named Li Po Chun United World College.
http://www.uwc.org/

United World Colleges (UWC) is an education movement comprising thirteen international schools and colleges, national committees in over 130 countries and a series of short educational programmes. The UWC movement aims to make education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Students are selected from around the globe at a pre-university level, based on merit and regardless of their financial status and ethnic, religious or educational background, to attend one of the schools, colleges or short programmes.


It's my big opportunity  to study in UWC because its really different from others. I am studying with people around the world, some countries i never heard before. It is amazing living with students with different from my culture,lifestyle and everything. Having meals together and sitting and talk about world issues, sharing our opinions to others it has been really amazing life for me. 


School planned everything by year,month,days and time. In my 1st year, it was quite hard for me, noone understand me or talk on my language, away from my friends, family, country! 
But after that, i adopt everything that i need:) Now i have wonderful friends from all around the world such as Germany, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Mexico, Korea, Hong Kong , Nigeria, East Timor, Cambodia, Thailand, England, Italy, France, Irag, Iran, US, Brazil,Columbia etc...those countries are not even half of the representives in my school.


So, we have 6 main subjects that we need to study ( 3 higher level class and 3 standard level class)
For me i am studying :

  • Visual Art -HL
  • Math-HL
  • English- HL
  • Business-SL
  • Environmental Studies- SL
  • Self Taught (Mongolian)- SL
  • Also there is another class called Theory of knowledge ( 1 year programm)
And everyday( due to schedule)  we have Quan Cai. There are up to 90 QC activities in my school such as Athlethes, MUN, Debate, Community services, Dances, Campus services. 

My week QC timetable

Monday: 7:00- 7:30 LPC Souviner (campus service that design the school clothes such as hoodie, t-shirt any stuffs)
Thursday: 3:30-6:30 Pinehill Village( Community service that help children who have disabilities of talking, walking..)
Thursday: 7:00-9:00 Eclipse Dance ( learning modern r&b , hip hop dances and perform some performances to audience )
Sunday: 3:00-6:00 Volleyball 



So classes+ QC= day:) 

There are many things that happening one day but writing is not enough , so i will keep it just simple:)  so that's kinda my typical day in HK.

1 comment:

  1. poooh. ih sonirholtoi ymaa. ta ingehed yaj uwc ru elssen ym be? ymar negen shalgaruulalt boldog ymuu? mash ih bayarlalaa

    ReplyDelete